Find out more about Work-Study, CalWORKS, and on-campus and off-campus jobs. All student employment is through the Financial Aid Office.
On-Campus and Off-Campus Jobs
Sierra Job Link is run by Career Connections and is free to students and alumni. All you need is your Sierra College Student ID. The first time you log in, you will need to create a password.
Sierra Job Link Benefits
- Search and view current job listings
- Post your resume and/or an online portfolio for potential employers to see
- Receive career updates directly to your email
Look for On-Campus Jobs in Sierra Job Link
- Log into Sierra Job Link
- Select "Search—My School's Jobs"
- Under "Job Location," select "On-Campus" from the "Search by Multiple Locations" menu
Federal Work-Study lets college students work part time while attending school. Go to Sierra Job Link to find work-study jobs.
The District shall provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex (gender), race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics.
To be eligible to work on campus, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in and maintain six units during the regular school year (Exception: International Students must enroll in 12 or more units)
- Have a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Maintain a 2.0 or better term GPA each semester
- Pass Live Scan background check
- Not attending Sierra College under the Academic Enrichment Program unless you work at NCC or Tahoe-Truckee under the Ghidotti Program
- Meet Welfare-To-Work requirements
- Prepare for permanent jobs in their chosen profession
Apply for Work-Study
If you’ve completed the current academic year’s FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office to add your name to the Federal Work-Study Wait List. Have a job ready in case you are chosen from the list.
For more information:
Handbook and Forms
- On-Campus Employment Request
- Student Employment Employees and Supervisor Handbook
- Student Employment Steps for Students
- Student Employment Steps for Supervisors and Departments
- Student Employment Pay Scale for 2016-17
- Student Employer Referral Slip
- Student Pay Change Request
- Student Employer Termination Form
America Reads Challenge
Sierra College is pleased to announce our participation in the America Reads Challenge. The goal of the America Reads Challenge is to recruit one million people to ensure that children can read well and independently by the end of the third grade.
Federal Work Study students will join other students, parents, teachers, librarians and concerned citizens as reading tutors and partners in the America Reads Challenge. Students interested in this Work-Study Program should call the Financial Aid Office on the Rocklin Campus.