Learn the difference between Official and Unofficial Transcripts and how to obtain them online or in person.
What an Unofficial Transcript Is
An unofficial transcript is free. It shows your academic record but cannot be used for official purposes.
How to Get Your Unofficial Transcript
You can get unofficial transcripts through your mySierra account or in-person.
- Log into mySierra and click on the "Grades and Transcripts" link. You can only log into mySierra if you're a current student or you’ve attended within the past year.
- If your last semester was over a year ago, you will not be able to access unofficial transcripts online. You can get a printed unofficial transcript at a Sierra College Admissions and Records office. You can also order an official transcript.
What an Official Transcript Is
An Official Transcript is a sealed or verifiable PDF document of your academic record at Sierra College. You can order an official electronic transcript or a sealed official transcript. A PDF transcript is considered official for the recipient only. When re-sent, PDF transcripts become unofficial.
How to Get Your Official Transcript
Your first two official transcripts from Sierra College are free, regardless of the processing option you choose. This does not include On Demand Transcripts.
To Order an Official Transcript Make Sure You Have the Following:
- Your student ID or social security number
- Your current name, address and daytime phone number
- Any other names you used while attending Sierra College
- The dates you attended Sierra College
- The complete name and address of each of the intended recipients
Ordering Tips for Faster Processing
- Pay the appropriate fees. Many transcript orders are held pending payment.
- Read the IGETC/GE Certifications information before checking the box on the transcript request form.
- Check the box confirming you have not received your two free transcripts, if applicable. If you forget to do this step, refunds can be processed but can delay your transcript.
- You can check the status of your transcript order here.
Ordering Official Transcripts Online
Order transcripts online via mySierra. No signature authorization is required.
- Log into mySierra.
- Click on the "Grades and Transcripts" link.
- Click on the "Order My Official Transcript" link. Make sure your browser allows pop-up windows from Sierra College.
- You will be taken to the TranscriptsPlus site. Click on the "Begin Order" button and enter your information.
Order transcripts online via TranscriptsPlus. You may be required to fax a signed and dated authorization form to complete your transcript request.
If you are prompted to enter your username and PIN number, log out and change your browser to Firefox or Internet Explorer. There is no user name and PIN number, so guessing will disable your mySierra account.
Helpful links when ordering through TransciptsPlus
How TranscriptsPlus Works
Sierra College uses Credential Solutions to process Internet transcript orders securely. The college will maintain the transcript records and processes the actual transcript order.
TranscriptsPlus can accept an order for up to five transcripts going to five different recipients. If you need more than five transcripts or have more than five recipients, you’ll need to place additional orders.
Advantages of Ordering Online
- Send transcripts conveniently and quickly, usually within the same day. Please verify with the institution/recipient on the type of transcript they accept
- Secure authorizing, processing and delivering of your PDF transcript
- First two PDF transcripts are free when delivered to participating institutions. Subsequent orders cost only $5–$6 each (compared to the $20 per copy charge for in-person or On Demand orders)
- Retain your transcript for your records
- You will not have to mail in a request or submit a signed authorization
- You will get an email confirmation of your order and the ability to check your order’s status
Ordering Official Transcripts In-Person
You can order your transcripts in person if you prefer or if you have a deadline. We can process official transcripts on-demand at the Admissions and Records office at Rocklin Campus.
Things You Will Need to Bring:
- Photo ID: Student ID Card or Government Issued Photo ID
- $20.00 per copy (you cannot use your two free transcripts in person)
If someone is picking up your official transcript for you, they will need:
- Designated pickup person’s valid photo ID
- A signed authorization from you that includes:
- Statement of Authorization specifying who can pick up transcript
- Student’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Student ID (if known)
Processing Options for Official TranscriptsWe offer three processing options.
Electronic Transcript Delivery Service to Another School on the Transcripts Network
- Automatically processed upon completion of order
- $5 per PDF transcript after first two free transcripts (Price reflects $2 discount)
- Supports delivery in multiple electronic formats (PDF/EDI)
PDF Delivery Service to Student or Institution/Business (Third Party)
- Automatically processed upon completion of order
- $6 per PDF transcript after first two free transcripts (Price reflects $1 discount)
- Transcripts certifiable up to 6 month period
- PDF transcripts can be downloaded by recipient. Please verify with an institution if they can accept an official PDF transcript.
Standard Mail Service
- Takes 5–7 business days to process (does not include mailing time) after authorization.
- $7 per sealed copy after first two free transcripts.
- Copies can be mailed to your home or another institution.
- Transcript envelopes are barcoded for USPS scanning at various USPS locations.
- Expedited delivery service is available at an additional cost. (Excludes transcript orders with attachments and On-Demand transcripts)