Learn the difference between Official and Unofficial Transcripts and how to obtain them online or in person.
An Official Transcript is a sealed or verifiable PDF document detailing a student’s academic record at Sierra College. Students may order an official electronic transcript or a sealed official transcript. A PDF transcript is considered official for the recipient only. When resent, PDF transcripts become unofficial.
The first two transcripts you request from Sierra College are free, excluding On Demand Transcripts, regardless of the processing option you choose.
You can check the status of your transcript order here.
Unofficial transcripts can be obtained through your mySierra account or in-person.
- If you’ve attended within the past year or you’re a current student, please log into mySierra. Click on the Grades and Transcripts link.
- If your last semester was over a year ago, unofficial transcripts are not available online. It is recommended the student orders an official transcript. The first two orders are free of charge.
- You can get a printed unofficial transcript at a Sierra College Admissions and Records. Remember to bring a valid photo ID.
When ordering a transcript, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your student ID or social security number
- Your current name and address and daytime phone number
- Any other names you used while attending Sierra College
- The dates you attended Sierra College
- The complete name and address of each of the intended recipients
- Please pay the appropriate fees. Many transcript orders are held pending payment.
- Please read the information regarding IGETC/GE Certifications before checking the box on the transcript request form.
- Don’t forget to check the box confirming you have NOT received your two free transcripts. Refunds can be processed but can delay processing.
• Order transcripts online via mySierra. No signature authorization is required.
• Order transcripts online via TranscriptsPlus. You may be required to fax a signed and dated authorization form in order to complete your transcript request.
If you are prompted to enter your user name and PIN number, log out and change your browser to Firefox or Internet Explorer. There is no user name and PIN number, so guessing will disable your mySierra account.
Helpful links when ordering through TransciptsPlus.
Sierra College uses Credential Solutions to accept and process Internet transcript orders through their secure site. Credential Solutions provides students with Internet transcript processing on behalf of Sierra College. The college, however, maintains the transcript records and processes the actual transcript order. TranscriptsPlus can accept an order for up to five transcripts going to five different recipients. If you need more than five transcripts or have more than five recipients, you’ll need to place additional orders.
Advantages of ordering online
- Allows you to order PDF transcripts and send them electronically to yourself, other institutions or third party recipients quickly and efficiently, usually within the same day. (Please verify with the institution/recipient on the type of transcript accepted.)
- Provides a secure method in auto-authorizing, processing and delivering your PDF transcript.
- Gives you the first two PDF transcripts for free, delivered to participating institutions. Subsequent orders cost only $5–$6 each (compared to the $20 per copy charge for in-person or On Demand orders).
- Retain your transcript for your records. (Transcripts will only reflect academic history as of the date issued.)
- Order at your convenience from your home or office. No need to make an extra trip to campus.
- You will not have to mail in a request or submit a signed authorization.
- Provides you with an email confirmation of your order and the ability to check your order’s status.
If you prefer to order your transcripts in-person or if you have a deadline that precludes online ordering, we would be happy to process a sealed official transcript, issued on-demand and in-person at the Admissions and Records office of our Rocklin Campus (located at 5000 Rocklin Rd.).
THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Photo ID (Student ID Card or Government Issued Photo ID)
- $20.00 per copy (Cannot use your two free transcripts in person)
If someone is picking up your official transcript, they will need:
- Signed authorization from the student that includes:
- Statement of Authorization specifying who can pick up transcript
- Student’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Student ID (if known)
- Designated pickup person’s valid photo ID
Electronic transcript delivery service to another school on the Transcripts Network
- Automatically processed upon completion of order
- $5 per PDF transcript after first two free transcripts (Price reflects $2 discount)
- Supports delivery in multiple electronic formats (PDF/EDI)
PDF delivery service to student or institution/business (third party)
- Automatically processed upon completion of order
- $6 per PDF transcript after first two free transcripts (Price reflects $1 discount)
- Transcripts certifiable up to 6 month period
- PDF transcripts can be downloaded by recipient. Please verify with an institution if they are able to accept an official PDF transcript.
Standard mail service
- Takes 5–7 business days to process (does NOT include mailing time) AFTER authorization.
- $7 per sealed copy after first two free transcripts.
- Copies can be mailed to your home or another institution.
- Transcript envelopes are barcoded for USPS scanning at various USPS locations.
- Expedited delivery service are available with an additional cost. (Excludes transcript orders with attachments and On-Demand transcripts)