The Academic Enrichment Program provides high school students with educational enrichment opportunities at Sierra College.
To enroll, you must reapply and resubmit all documents each semester you attend. If you attend one semester but do not meet the admission requirements for the next, you may file a petition to request further consideration.
Meet with a high school counselor
Your high school counselor must verify the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Completion of the tenth grade
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Complete an Online Application for Admission to Sierra College.
- Indicate on the application that you are a high school student.
- Within four business days of submitting your application for admissions online, you will receive an email from Sierra College containing important information, including: your Sierra College ID number, mySierra Login information, and your Sierra College email address.
- Complete the assessment test
Students who wish to participate in the Academic Enrichment Program must place into the appropriate transfer level courses.
- English (English 1A)
- Reading (English 11)
- Mathematics (if required for course placement)
The Placement tool will help you determine whether or not you should take the English and/or Math Placement exam at Sierra College. Students are only allowed to test one time per semester.
Provide Documentation to Admissions and Records
Academic Enrichment students must present the following documents in person with photo ID:
- Completed Academic Enrichment Permission Form
- An official high school transcript.
- Documentation of age (if home schooled or if age is not reflected on high school transcript)
- Assessment Scores
- Affidavit is required if students are homeschooled or attend a charter school
- Activate your mySierra account
After you apply you will receive a confirmation email with your mySierra account activation instructions.
All students must activate their account in order to have access to online orientation, registration, and to view their official Sierra College email.
Complete online orientation to Sierra College
Log on to your mySierra, and click on the Orientation and Assessment link.
Log on to your mySierra and click on the Add, Drop or Withdraw from Classes link inside the Registration and Classes channel on the home page. In preparation we suggest you:
- Make sure the class is not excluded from the Academic Enrichment Program by viewing the Restricted Course List.
- Prepare a tentative class schedule with the days and times of your proposed classes using the Schedule of Classes.
- Check for course prerequisites and corequisites.
- Look for specific registration date and time under Status in your mySierra
A maximum of 7 units each semester or summer is allowed. Registration is available the day after open registration begins. You will not be allowed to audit courses.
Pay your fees
All fees are due upon registration.