All or part of your low grades from Sierra College will be removed from your grade point average (GPA) if you qualify for Academic Renewal.
The grades will remain on your transcript, but your GPA will reflect the kind of student you are today.
For reasons that may no longer apply, you may have received low grades (D or F). These grades may not reflect your academic ability and performance anymore. These low grades can hurt your educational or career goals even though your grades have improved.
Requirements for Academic Renewal
Academic Renewal requests must meet the following guidelines:
- You completed at least 18 units with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in all courses attempted since receiving the low grade(s).
- At least 1 year has passed since you earned the low grades.
- The number of units with a low grade you can remove from your GPA cannot exceed the number of units you have completed with a satisfactory grade.
- You can only remove up to 30 units from your GPA.
- Academic Renewal only applies to D and F grades.
Academic Renewal Petition
Meet with a Sierra College Counselor to complete an Academic Renewal Petition. The counselor needs to sign the petition before you submit it to Admissions and Records. If you earned any of the required 18 units at another college, submit an official transcript as well. The Academic Standards Committee will review your request. For help, contact a counselor.