Eligible students will be awarded Spring 2017 Book Vouchers. You can use the vouchers between January 9, 2017–January 30, 2017, to buy books or school supplies at the Sierra College Campus Bookstore. Book Vouchers are posted on your Financial Aid Student Requirements.
To check if you have been awarded a book voucher:
- Log into mySierra.
- Select "Financial Aid."
- Under Financial Aid Activities, click "View My Financial Aid Status." Then select the current aid year (i.e., 2016–2017).
- Select "Student Requirements."
- If you are eligible, the message will read "$ Book Voucher for Spring" with a green check next to it.
The amount of the voucher depends on your EFC from your FAFSA and your enrollment level. If you did not file a FAFSA, or if you did not complete the processing of any request for documents by the Financial Aid Office, then you will not be awarded a book voucher.
To use your book voucher, present your Sierra College Student ID at the campus bookstore. You can also order books online at the Sierra College Bookstore.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the book voucher affect how much financial aid I’ll receive?
- Your PELL Grant will be reduced by the amount of money you spend when you use your book voucher.
- What if my books cost more than the book voucher is worth?
- If your books cost more than your book voucher is worth, you can either pay the difference when you buy your books or come to the Financial Aid Office, and we will manually adjust it for you.
- What can I use the book voucher for?
- The book voucher can be used for books or school supplies. You can also use the voucher for the book rental program if purchased in person at the Sierra College's Official Campus Bookstore (Rocklin or Nevada County Campus) or online.
- If I use my book voucher and then become ineligible for the PELL Grant, what happens?
- You are financially responsible for paying back the school for all charges covered by the book voucher.