Eligible students will be awarded Spring 2018 Book Vouchers. You can use the vouchers between August 15, 2018 to August 27, 2018 at midnight, to buy books or school supplies at the Sierra College Campus Bookstore. Book Vouchers are posted on your Financial Aid Student Requirements. All charges will be deducted from you anticipated refund from the Pell Grant program.
To Check if You Have a Book Voucher:
- Log into mySierra.
- Select "Financial Aid."
- Under Financial Aid Activities, click "View My Financial Aid Status." Then select the current aid year (i.e., 2018-2019).
- Select "Student Requirements."
- If you are eligible, the message will read "$ Book Voucher for Fall" with a green check next to it.
The voucher amount depends on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from your FAFSA and your enrollment level and if you are Pell Grant eligible. If you did not file a FAFSA, or if you did not complete the processing of any request for documents by the Financial Aid Office, then you will not be awarded a book voucher.
To use your book voucher, present your Sierra College Student ID at the campus bookstore. You can also order books online at the Sierra College Bookstore Web Page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I didn’t file a FAFSA?
- You are not eligible for a book voucher, but see the financial aid office so they can help you with this.
- What if my Financial Aid File is not complete and I have not been awarded a Pell Grant?
- You will not be eligible for a Book voucher until your financial aid is complete and you have been awarded financial aid.
- Does the book voucher affect how much financial aid I’ll receive?
- Your PELL Grant will be reduced by the amount of money you spend when you use your book voucher.
- What if my books cost more than the book voucher is worth?
- If your books cost more than your book voucher is worth, you can either pay the difference when you buy your books or come to the Financial Aid Office, and we will manually adjust it for you.
- What can I use the book voucher for?
- The book voucher can be used for books or school supplies. You can also use the voucher for the book rental program if purchased in person at the Sierra College's Official Campus Bookstore (Rocklin or Nevada County Campus) or online.
- If I use my book voucher and then become ineligible for the PELL Grant, what happens?
- You are financially responsible for paying back the school for all charges covered by the book voucher.