Eligible students will be awarded Fall 2016 Book Vouchers which can be used August 15, 2016 – August 27, 2016 by midnight to buy books or school supplies at the Sierra College Campus Bookstore. All Book Vouchers are posted on your Financial Aid Student Requirements.
To check to see if you have been awarded a book voucher do the following:
- Log into mySierra
- Select Financial Aid
- View My Financial Aid Status by selecting aid year of 2016-2017
- Select student requirements
- The message will say $ Book Voucher for Fall with a green check mark next to it.
The amount of the voucher will depend on your EFC from your FAFSA and your enrollment level. If you did not file a FAFSA or complete the processing of any request for documents by the Financial Aid Office, then you will not be awarded a book voucher.
If you have been granted a book voucher, present your Sierra College Student ID at the campus bookstore. You can also order books online at the Sierra College Bookstore.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the book voucher affect how much financial aid I’ll receive?
- Your PELL Grant will be reduced by the amount of money you spend when you use your book voucher.
- What if my books cost more than the book voucher is worth?
- If your books cost more than your book voucher is worth, you can either pay the difference when you buy your books, or come to the Financial Aid Office and we will manually adjust it for you.
- What can I use the book voucher for?
- The book voucher can only be used for books, school supplies, and the Bookstore’s book rental program if purchased at Sierra College's Official Campus Bookstore in person at the Rocklin or Nevada County Campus or online.
- If I use my book voucher and then become ineligible for the PELL Grant, what happens?
- You are financially responsible for paying back the school for all charges covered by the book voucher.