On- and Off-Campus JobsCareer Connections maintains on-line job postings through the Sierra Job Link. This service is free to students and alumni—all you need is your Sierra College Student ID and to establish your own password. You can search and view current job listings, post your resume and/or an online portfolio for potential employers to see, receive career-based updates directly to your email-box—all this is available 24/7 from any internet accessible computer.
District positions: Must be enrolled in at least six units.
Federal Work Study positions: Must be eligible for Federal Work Study as determined by the Financial Aid office.
For more information regarding on-campus jobs for Sierra College students, contact Doreen Prado, (916) 660-7317, Rocklin Campus, Winstead Bldg. (L-131), or Financial Aid.
Job Search Resources
Career Connections has a large resource library, including books and handouts, to assist with learning these important skills. The resources are available during our regular office hours.
Small, interactive meetings which explore a career topic. Offerings include resume writing, critique, interviewing skills, specific industry presentations and more. Find our workshop schedule here.
Other Job Listing Links
- www.caljobs.ca.gov Look for jobs online by county. Put your resume online. (Site is designed and maintained by the California Employment Development Department.)
- http://classifieds.sacbee.com/ca/jobs/search Check today's Sacramento Bee employment classifieds for current job listings.
- http://jobstar.org/sacto/index.htm A listing of job ads/hotlines/job fairs in the Sacramento area, compiled by the public library system.
- www.ajb.dni.us America's Job Bank - search locally or nationwide for jobs in more than 25 categories.
How to Register for and Use Sierra Job Link
Follow these simple steps
All Sierra College students and Alumni are eligible to use the Sierra Job Link online job board after completing the following registration process through a site that has been specially designed for Sierra College Career Connections. The Registration Information that you enter is kept separate and secure and is not directly accessible to anyone other than Career Connections staff members.
Employers must register and be approved prior to posting positions—but if you choose to post a resume or portfolio, you still should be aware of the inherent risk of posting personal contact and other information on the internet. If you have problems accessing or using the Sierra Job Link, please contact us for assistance.
- Click on Sierra Job Link.
- Click the Student or Alumni Icon; then Register Now.
- Enter Sierra College (if it's not already pre-filled), your Sierra College Student ID number and a Password that you will remember; Confirm your password.
Alumni: if you do not have a Sierra College Student ID number, please contact Career Connections to have one assigned to you. firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.660-7481.
- Click “Continue Registration”
Now you will be asked to complete the REGISTRATION form to search for Jobs. You may upload a RESUME at a later date.
More on Sierra Job Link Registration
- Enter all demographic information. Fields with an (*) asterisk are required. (Name, Current Address, Phone). Answer questions about where you want to work and the kinds of jobs that interest you. Employers will search this information, as well as the degrees you are obtaining. Be as thorough and complete as possible.
- From your homepage, click Upload a Resume. You must have a resume completed on disk at this time to upload. Browse the file, select it, then click Upload your resume.
- STOP and THINK: although employers are initially screened prior to posting jobs with Sierra Job Link, you may want to limit your contact information to phone & email only; be wary of giving out too much personal information on ANY internet site.
- Always keep a back -up copy of your resume—do not use Sierra Job Link to store your only copy.
- From your homepage, click Search for Jobs Posted to My School,enter criteria specific to the type of job you are looking for on the search form, click, Begin Search.
When conducting a job search, be aware that by selecting several search criteria, such as Degree, Area of Interest, FT/PT jobs, etc., you are narrowing your search. It is a good idea to conduct a focused search, but you may also want to try searching different criteria. To view all jobs posted, leave all the search fields blank.