Find out more about dropping in and appointments, guidelines, computer and printer policies, and resources for faculty and staff.
Ways to Use the Rocklin Campus Writing Center
- Bring your student ID number to log in.
- Get help with your writing assignment. Assistance is on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are ready for help, just ask or sign our waiting list in front of LR203 if we are working with other students.
Appointments (30 Minutes)
- Meet face-to-face in the Writing Center.
- Get assistance tailored to your individual needs.
- Receive help with any stage of the writing process, from understanding the assignment to the final draft.
- Learn to edit your own papers.
- You have to be present for us to help you. You can't drop off or email us your papers.
- If you are working on a group project, you must be present for us to review your portion of the project.
- Type your essay drafts, proofread as well as you can and print them double-spaced.
For Faculty and Staff
- Have your class visit the Writing Center through a library tour early each semester, with prior notice.
- Request a customized presentation for your class on Writing Center services, documentation styles or other writing topics.
- Encourage your students to attend a Writing Center Student Success Workshop.
- Print class sets of the Term Paper Handbook for MLA, APA, CSE, or Chicago/Turabian style, as well as any of our Writing Center Handouts.
- Get answers to your writing questions.