Find out more about dropping in and appointments, guidelines, computer and printer policies, and resources for faculty and staff.
Ways to Use the Rocklin Campus Writing Center
- Use a computer or table in our beautiful space. Bring your student ID number to log in and out.
- Get help with your writing assignment. Assistance is on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are ready for help, log into the Starfish waiting room on our computers in the reception area.
Appointments (30 Minutes)
- Meet face-to-face in the Writing Center.
- Meet online. We will email you directions on how to access your appointment.
- Contact us to set up an appointment.
- Get assistance tailored to your individual needs.
- Receive help with any stage of the writing process, from understanding the assignment to the final draft.
- Learn to edit your own papers.
- You have to be present for us to help you. You can't drop off or email us your papers.
- If you are working on a group project, you must be present for us to review your portion of the project.
- Type your essay drafts, proofread as well as you can and print them double-spaced.
Computer and Printing Policies at Rocklin
- Use computers only for educational purposes.
- Do not modify the existing computer set-up.
- Print only from Writing Center computers. If you are using a laptop, you can use a USB drive to transfer documents to a desktop computer.
For Faculty and Staff
- Have your class visit the Writing Center early each semester, with prior notice.
- Request a customized presentation for your class on Writing Center services, documentation styles or other writing topics.
- Encourage your students to attend a Writing Center Student Success Workshop.
- Print class sets of the Term Paper Handbook for MLA, APA, CSE, or Chicago style, as well as any of our Writing Center Handouts.
- Get answers to your writing questions.