Help Center

Noncredit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How much does it cost to take a noncredit course?
There are no fees or tuition for noncredit courses. However, students may be responsible for books, supplies and parking fees where applicable.
Who is eligible to attend a noncredit course?
Noncredit courses are open to anyone in the community who is 18 years or older and not currently enrolled in high school.
I am over 18 years old but don't have my high school diploma or GED, can I take noncredit classes?
I am over 18 years old and am still in high school, can I take noncredit classes?
Can I get financial aid for noncredit classes?
No, financial aid is not available for noncredit classes.
Do I have to purchase books?
Students may need to purchase textbooks and/or materials for noncredit courses depending on the requirements of the class. Review specific details of each class.
Do I need to purchase a parking permit?
Parking permits are required for classes held at the Rocklin, Nevada County, and Tahoe-Truckee campuses. For more information, visit the Parking webpage
Can I take a combination of noncredit and credit classes at the same time?
Am I eligible for Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) when taking a noncredit course?
Yes. Please visit the DSPS office for more information.
How can I tell the class is noncredit in the class schedule?
The course number will be between 800-899 and has zero units associated with it. For example, if the course was ESL 800, 800 is the course number.
Was this article helpful?

Contact Us
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found