The following is a list of strategies to improve your chances of adding a waitlisted class.
Before you waitlist:
- Make sure all holds are cleared on your student account and your account is in good standing.
- Complete prerequisites for the course you want to join (if needed).
After you join the waitlist:
- Double check your class schedule to make sure you joined the waitlist properly.
- Be flexible. If you really need a course, register for multiple waitlist sections to maximize your chances of getting into one of the sections of the course.
- If a waitlist is full, but you still want to join the waitlist, regularly check to see if waitlist spots open up.
- Be patient if you really want to add the class.
- Check your waitlist position daily on your class schedule on your mySierra account to see if you are eligible to add the class.
- If you move to the top of the waitlist, also known as position (0), make sure you add the class within 48 hours, or you will forfeit your spot to the next person on the waitlist.
If you are still on the waitlist after classes begin:
- Attend the first and second class meetings even if you are still on the waitlist.
- Let your instructor know you are on the waitlist and are interested in adding when you attend class.