Affordable Health Insurance for Students
Covered California is California's health insurance marketplace. Covered California makes it simple and affordable for students to purchase high-quality health insurance. You can get financial assistance to pay for the coverage.
Emergencies happen. If you don’t have health insurance, how will you afford a health crisis? You could end up paying the full cost of an emergency room visit, which can cost thousands. Covered California can help you get the affordable insurance you need.
Ways To Shop
Find the best insurance option for you:
What Covered California Can Do for You
Covered California health coverage doesn’t skimp on benefits. It is part of the Affordable Care Act, also known as “Obamacare.”
Covered California can help you get the following:
- Financial assistance to pay for health insurance
- Free preventative care, including routine examinations, immunizations and birth control
- Low premiums and co-pays, even with a pre-existing condition
For many, health insurance through Covered California will be available at no cost.
You may qualify for no-cost coverage if you are the following:
- Not claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
- Make $15,856 or less a year
If you are married or have a child, you can earn more and still qualify for no-cost insurance.
Eligibility for Covered California
To purchase health coverage through Covered California, the following must apply to you:
- Legal resident of California
- No access to affordable health insurance through your employer or another government program