Emergencies or other justifiable causes can get in the way of completing a class. If that is the case, you can request an incomplete "I" grade for unfinished coursework at the end of the semester.
How to Get an Incomplete
- Download an Incomplete Petition. You can also get a petition from an Admissions and Records Office.
- Submit the petition to your teacher for approval.
- If he or she approves, your professor will file a written record of the required conditions for removal of the "I" grade.
How to Get a Letter Grade
- Instead of re-enrolling in the class, you will work with the professor to complete the required work. This must happen within one year after the end of the term when you got the incomplete.
- After you complete your work, submit a Grade Change Petition.