Help Center

GE & IGETC Certification (General Education & Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)

The GE and the IGETC are used for transferring. They guarantee that you meet general education requirements and completed specific coursework. If you don’t have a certification when you transfer, you may not receive proper credit for the courses you have completed.

Differences Between IGETC and GE

IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) GE (General Education)
Choose this pattern to transfer to a University of California (UC); IGETC is also accepted at Calfornia State Universities (CSU) Choose this pattern to attend a California State University (CSU)
Counselors certify IGETC pattern Only the Admissions and Records office staff certifies transcripts for CSU GE
If you choose this pattern, meet with a counselor to plan coursework. GE Certification is done at the time of transfer and must be accompanied by an official transcript
  Meet with a counselor to plan for the GE pattern

Need help? Contact Academic Counseling or Admissions and Records

Was this article helpful?

Contact Us
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found