Academic Enrichment provides educational opportunities to high school students at Sierra College. Requirements, limitations, and rights listed below.
Students wishing to take classes at Sierra College through the Academic Enrichment Program must:
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have completed the tenth grade (Your official transcript MUST reflect completion of ALL 10th grade courses.)
- Have 3.0 GPA
- Have assessed into the appropriate transfer level courses:
- English (English 1A)
- Reading (English 11)
- Mathematics (if required for course placement)
- Submit an official transcript with the Academic Enrichment form (each semester you wish to attend).
Admitted Academic Enrichment students must also have availed themselves of courses provided by their local high school and may only register for college-level classes. The specific courses in which Academic Enrichment students may not enroll are published on the Academic Enrichment Restricted Course List.
In addition to the courses on the list, Academic Enrichment students may not enroll in honors courses, study abroad courses, and any other courses for which health and safety is a consideration.
Additionally, Academic Enrichment students will now pay the same enrollment fees as other regular community college students.
Under Section 49061 of the Education Code, parents of community college students do not have a right of access to their children’s student records, regardless of whether the student is under the age of 18. High school student’s attending Sierra College must abide by the same FERPA laws as any other college student. For more information, please visit the FERPA laws page.
Learn how to register for Academic Enrichment Program.