Some courses are remedial and do not transfer. Remedial courses are classes that you might need to take to work on certain skills before you can take a regular course.
Remedial classes are non-degree-applicable and are in the 500 series. They are taught in the following areas:
- English as a second language
When Remedial Classes Count
Remedial classes are considered the same as regular classes for the following:
- Full-time academic standing
- Satisfactory academic standing
- Count towards the 75% completion requirement
Financial Aid and Remedial ClassesYou can receive financial aid for a maximum of 30 remedial units.
Remedial Coursework Limit
You can take up to 30 units of remedial coursework.
Exemptions from the Limit
You may be exempt from the remedial coursework unit if you are one of the following:
- Enrolled in English as a second language
- A student with a documented learning disability
If you need to, you can petition for a waiver of the unit limitation. To find out more contact Academic Counseling.