The following writing websites and videos can help you write your papers and assignments.
Writing Labs and Guides
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Over 200 resources on:
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Professional writing
- Writing the Personal Statement (UC Berkeley)
- Write the personal insight questions for an application to the University of California or other four-year universities.
- MLA Style
- The new approach to citing sources from the MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, 2016. Watch videos on how to cite sources with MLA.
- APA Style FAQ
- The American Psychological Association (APA) documentation style: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Chicago Style
- Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide
- ASA (Sociology) Style (The Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Guides to formatting manuscripts, in-text citations and references page
- MLA Style, 8th Editions: An Introduction
- Length 4:30. A quick introduction to the major changes in the MLA Handbook
- Understanding MLA Style (8th Edition, 2016 Updates)
- Length 11:20. Many examples showing the logic of the new changes and to explore some of the most noticeable new details
- EBSCOhost Citations in MLA 8th Edition Style
- Length 11:17. How to cite articles in MLA 8th Edition Style
Research Paper and MLA Video Series
- FGC-MLA 8th Edition Part 1: Using Research in Your Paper, In-Text Citations
- Length 7:35. Introduces the MLA Citation Style 8th Edition, explains when to cite sources, the different ways to use information in your paper and how to correctly format in-text citations.
- FGC-MLA Style 8th Edition Part 2: Core Elements, Formatting Works Cited Entries
- Length 15:24. The works cited list elements, format, punctuation and containers, quotations and titles.
- MLA Citation Style 8th Edition Part 3: Template, Works Cited Examples
- Length 12:33. How to use the MLA template to organize citation information and properly create MLA entries for cited works.