Find out more about LR 424's drop in and appointments, online writing appointments, computer and printer policies, and resources for faculty and staff.
For Students in LR 424, Rocklin Campus:
- LR 424 is open on a drop-in and limited appointment basis to Sierra College students and staff.
- Appointments are for a half hour, and drop-in sessions are approximately the same length.
- Students need their ID numbers to log in and out in the reception area.
- Students who drop in receive assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. When students are ready for assistance, they log in to the Starfish waiting room in the reception area.
- Student writers must be present to receive assistance. Papers may not be dropped off or sent by e-mail. Students working on a group project must be present to have their portion of the project reviewed.
- Students may receive assistance at any stage of the writing process, from idea generation to final draft.
- Students are taught to edit their own papers and receive assistance according to individual needs.
- Students should type essay drafts, print them double-spaced, and proofread as best they can.
Online Writing Center
- In addition to the services in LR 424, the Online Writing Center offers half-hour online appointments with a Writing Center staff member. These appointments are held online. Students can contact Writing Center staff for more information.
Computing and Printing Policies in LR 424:
- Computers must be used for educational purposes.
- Students may not reconfigure or otherwise modify existing computer set-up.
- Laptop users must print only from Writing Center computers. A USB drive can be used to transfer data from a laptop to a desktop computer.
For Faculty and Staff
- Faculty may print class sets of the Term Paper Handbook for MLA, APA, CSE, or Chicago style, as well as any of our handouts, which can be found by clicking the Back arrow in your browser and then clicking Writing Center Handouts.
- Faculty and staff may receive assistance with their writing questions.
- Classes may visit the Writing Center early each semester with prior notice.
- The staff can make presentations to Sierra College classes on Writing Center services, documentation styles, or other writing topics at the request of faculty members.