- Clarifying assignments
- Writing process
- Developing and organizing ideas
- Grammar and punctuation questions
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Interpreting literature
- Essay exam strategies
- Research skills, including Internet and databases
- Citing sources in MLA, APA, Chicago, and other formats
- Oral presentations
- Transfer application and scholarship essays
- Resume and business letter writing
- Word processing skills
The Writing Center staff members have experience working with a variety of learning styles and preferences. Let us know how we can help!
The Writing Center also offers personal computer access and printing.
Online Writing Center
Meet online by appointment with a Writing Center staff member.
For access, go to Distance Learning and choose “Online Tutoring,"
Or ask a staff member in the Writing Center to help you get set up.
The staff makes presentations to classes about Writing Center services and writing issues, such as documenting sources, at the request of instructors.