Follow these steps for a successful transfer:
- Start your planning process early by meeting with a Sierra College counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP). Plan to see that counselor at least once per semester to make sure that you are on track for transfer to your chosen transfer institution and major.
- Attend workshops and seminars offered by Career and Transfer Connections.
- Use the "Choices" program on Career and Transfer Connections student computers to research colleges and scholarships.
- Use the "Assist" program on Career and Transfer Connections student computers (or from your home: http://www.assist.org) to print lists of courses that are equivalent to lower division courses in your major at most CSU or UC campuses.
- Check the Transfer Services events handout (available at Career and Transfer Connections or at several locations on campus) for upcoming informational events.
- Come to Career and Transfer Connections to find out about application deadlines and basic transfer requirements.
- Check out the website of the school you are interested in attending.
- Ask questions! That's why we are here.
Links to Other Colleges:
- CSU Mentor (a link to all California State University Campuses)
- University of California Admissions
- Assist (access to California Articulation Agreements)
- Database of Accreditated Postsecondary Institutions and Programs