The Math Center offers free tutoring in Mathematics and the math contained in other subjects, such as Physics, Chemistry, Economics, etc. The Math Center is available to all students currently enrolled in any math class at Sierra College.
To show proof of current enrollment in a math class and receive free tutoring in the Math Center, students will be asked to login (using their student number) when they come to the Math Center. This helps us make sure that the resource is being used by Sierra College math students.
Students do not need to be failing a class to receive assistance; in fact, students very often seek tutor assistance to deepen their understanding or to further expand their information base. The Math Center is a good place to do your homework. Tutors are available to help students and you may even find a study partner or group!
Services We Offer
- A GREAT place to do your homework and study Math!
- Whiteboards, chairs, tables, scratch paper
- PCs with Mathematics and Microsoft software
- Peer tutors - to help with:
- Understanding mathematics concepts
- Assistance with homework problems
- Problem solving
- Exam strategies
- Mathematics Instructor: Charles Buchwald
- Instructional Assistant: Matt Harrison
For more information, come to Building V room 329 during Open Hours.
By using the Math Center, you agree to be enrolled in a non-transferable, no credit, no fees course: Supervised Tutoring.
You are required to sign in and sign out every time you use this center.