The Testing Center provides free testing services for Sierra College students taking make-up exams and exams given through Distance Learning courses.
All Sierra College students who use the Testing Center must have a Student ID Card in order to take an exam, test, or quiz. Students can get an ID card at the Winstead Center, Admissions and Records.
Notice: the Sierra College Testing Center will only proctor Sierra College exams. Exams from other colleges, universities or institutions will no longer be proctored. The NCC Testing Center does not provide proctoring services for non-Sierra College students.
Procedure for Sierra College Students
For both Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses
- To take an exam, you must have your Sierra College Student ID Card.
- We will not proctor a loose exam. If you bring an exam to the Testing Center, the exam and proctoring instructions must be in a sealed envelope.
- We cannot proctor an exam without proctoring instructions.
- Turn OFF your cell phone. You should not use your cell phone as a calculator or clock.
- Testers cannot visit with friends, neighbors, or family while taking an exam.
- Testers should give themselves enough time to finish their exams in one sitting. Students cannot start an exam, partially complete it, and then return another time to finish the exam unless the professor gives permission to do so.
- The Testing Center is like a classroom. You should finish your exam before leaving unless permission for a brief break (drink of water, restroom) is okayed by the proctor.
- We tolerate no cheating.
Procedure for Sierra College Faculty
Instructors must complete the appropriate proctoring form. Instructions are included on the forms. Please note there are two forms, a Distance Learning (Math only) form and a Testing Center Proctoring Permission Form.
Nevada County Campus
- NCC Testing Center cannot proctor an exam without proctoring instructions.
- Please use the NCC LRC Testing Instructions form.