If you are a Sierra College student, get free testing services. Take make-up exams and Distance Learning class exams.
You must have a Student ID Card to take an exam, test, or quiz. You can get an ID card at Admissions and Records.
Note: the Testing Center will only proctor Sierra College exams. Exams from other colleges, universities or institutions will no longer be proctored. The NCC Testing Center does not provide proctoring services for non-Sierra College students.
Rules for Proctored Testing
For both Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses
- Have your Sierra College Student ID Card.
- We will not proctor a loose exam. If you bring an exam to the Testing Center, the exam and proctoring instructions must be in a sealed envelope.
- We cannot give an exam without proctoring instructions.
- Turn off your cell phone. You cannot use your cell phone as a calculator or clock.
- You cannot visit with friends while taking an exam.
- Give yourself enough time to finish your exams in one sitting. You cannot start an exam, partially complete it, and then return another time to finish the exam unless the professor gives you permission to do so.
- The Testing Center is like a classroom. Complete your exam before leaving unless a proctor gives you permission for a brief break (drink of water, restroom).
- No cheating.
Procedure for Sierra College Faculty
Instructors must complete the appropriate proctoring form. Instructions are included on the forms. There are two forms:
Nevada County Campus
- NCC Testing Center cannot proctor an exam without proctoring instructions.
- Use the NCC LRC Testing Instructions form.