Whether you are a First Time Sierra Student, a Transfer Student, or a Returning Student, the following guidelines for assessment apply.
Assessment testing is required if you plan to:
- Take your initial English, ESL, math and reading course
- Satisfy an English, reading or math prerequisite
- Earn an AA or AS degree or a certificate
- Transfer to another college and you are a first-time college student, or
- It’s been at least five years since you took the assessment test and you haven’t taken any English, ESL, math or reading courses during those five years, either at Sierra or another college.