Apply online to Sierra College using OpenCCC. Step-by-step instructions and helpful hints below.
All California Community Colleges use a shared application called OpenCCC. Some of the questions may not fit your particular situation. If run into this, give the best answer you can and move on.
Benefits of OpenCCC
You to save your information on each page and return to it at your convenience.
You will be able to log in and apply to any college in the system. The application will retain much of your personal information.
Email and Notifications
The application will ask you for an email address. Choose an email account you check frequently, because will receive important notices.
Once you are officially admitted to Sierra College, we will send you a welcome email. This email will contain your next step, activating your personal account in mySierra. After your account is activated, you will receive an official Sierra College email account.
Contact our Student Support Center called The Hub at email@example.com or 916-660-7300. We can help you fill out your application and answer your questions.
Helpful Hints: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Application
Page 1, Helpful Hints
Please read the helpful hints. You'll be happy you did.
Page 2, Term, Major, Educational GoalThis page has three drop-down menus.
- Term Applying For: Make certain to double-check the dates for accuracy.
- Select your intended major: If you know your major, select it from the drop-down list. If you are uncertain about your major, select an area that interests you. Don't worry, you will not be stuck with this major. Your intended major gives us an idea of who you are and how we can better serve you. If you are taking a class for enrichment, you can select "Undecided."
- Select your educational goal: If you have a plan in mind, select it from the list. If you are uncertain, select a category that seems appropriate. Again, you will have time to refine your goals with your counselor. This information helps us to understand your interests. If you are taking a class for enrichment, you can select "Undecided."
Page 3: Account information:
- Email address (make certain to use one you check all of the time)
- Social Security number (or permanent residency information*)
- Date of birth
- And mailing address (if different).
Page 4, Personal information
- Gender/Transgender (Can Decline to State)
- Sexual Orientation (Can Decline to State)
- Parent/Guardian Education Levels
Page 5, Education
If you are uncertain about graduation dates, give your best estimate. Enter your:
- College Enrollment Status
- High School Education Info (Country, State, City, Name, and Dates)
- College Education (Level Completed, Number of Colleges Attended, Country, State, Name, City, and Dates).
Page 6, Citizenship and Military
If you are not a US Citizen, enter your Alien Registration number or Student Visa Information. If you are or have been in the military, enter the name of the State of Legal Residence for the Military and Home of Record with the Military.
Page 7, If you are not a California Resident
Enter the dates you began your current stay in California. Check the box if you fit into one of the Special Residency Categories and information on Out-of-State Activities which may affect your residency.
Page 8, Needs and Interests
- Financial Assistance
- Athletic Interest
- Programs & Services
Page 9, Supplemental Questions:
Are you planning to take classes for Personal Growth? Are your pursuing a degree at a different institution and plan to take only a few classes at Sierra College? Select your primary language from the drop-down list.
Page 10, Request for Consent to Release informationCheck the "I consent" box.
Page 11, Review Application:
You will find all of your completed answers, double check for accuracy.
Page 12, Submission
Read over information and acknowledge your acceptance then click on Submit my Application.
Congratulations on applying! Check your email for your welcome information to take your next step, activating your mySierra account.